Travel | Finding Your Zen In Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden

Hong Kong, Travel, Discover Hong Kong, free things to do in Hong Kong
As a frequent visitor of Hong Kong, I am ashamed to say that it was my first time visiting Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden however, from now on I am determined to visit this place every time I visit HK because it's an absolute gem and perfect for any instragram shots or any photography as  everything is worth capturing. Best of all, this is absolutely free!

The following photos were taken in summer so all the plants were blooming with different hues of green blending into one another surrounding a magnificent koi pond . A complete contrast from the hustling live of Hong Kong, instead, a serene a peaceful gem creating a form of escapism from the stressful daily lives. 

Peaceful, nature, nature in Hong Kong, Culture in Hong Kong, Authentic
Koi in Hong Kong, Hong Kong Travel, Hong Kong Travel destination, Discover Hong Kong




Chi Lin Vegetarian Restaurant 

The Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden is connected by a walkway therefore remember to visit the other part where there is an amazing vegetarian restaurant which served the most delicious vegetarian sweet and sour 'pork'. Miraculously enough, it had the same texture as pork and I think I even prefer it moreover the original dish which is one of my favourite dishes. 

The staff recommends to get a set meal so you can try a variety of their dishes and I agree with this as you can sample the different dishes. However, I must admit the set meal for 3 is much more luxurious and worth the money than the set meal for 2 but nevertheless, both serve delicious food. 

Tip: Book a table in advance as there's normally a long queue and try to request a table beside the waterfall. My family was lucky enough to get seated next to the waterfall and I was in awe. 

Getting There 

The easiest way of getting there is by MTR. Get off at Diamond Hill Station Exit C2 and follow signs towards Chi Lin Nunnery. 
It should take approximately 5 minutes to get there. 


No comments