A Mini Pre-Holiday Haulin'

It's summer holiday season and I've taken a cheeky trip to some high street stores to buy some totally unnecessary yet, totally necessary things that spark my interest.

Most of these items would be diving straight into my suitcase which would lugged around South Korea and Hong Kong for the next 3 weeks. I hope you're prepared for a travel diary in the near future :)

This is the small collection that I've accumulated over the recent weeks~
Hat, Cap, Fashion, Summer
The purchase that I'm most excited about is my cap from New Look. It's a basic navy blue cap with a red number printed onto the centre of the cap- very baseball-esque. I've never been a hat person but after my sunburn experience in Brighton (here), I think it's better to protect my vulnerable forehead from the scorching sun otherwise I'll become a walking matchstick.

Makeup, Summer,
Bless cosmetic scientists for inventing Micellar Water. This magical water has made removing my makeup less tedious at the end of the night as it works wonders in a soaked cotton pad. I already own the large full size version but I thought it would be bulky in my suitcase therefore I downsized to the travel version.

At school I was querying about any lipsticks people would recommend and Zoe over at StylingTheChapters recommended to try NYX. She was telling me about the new NYX stand over at our local boots and she recommended the NYX soft matte lip cream and the next thing I know, I'm at our local boots scouring over the all the new shiny makeup.  I'm using the shade San Paulo and I'm in love. Lesson learnt over this experience- if Zoe recommends something, more often than not, it's gong to be damn good.
makeup, nyx eye crayon, lipstick

I also bought the NYX eye crayon which I thought looked similar to the Benefit crease cream. The shade of the shadow is very similar, the only difference is that the crayon has little visible specks of glitter. This crayon format makes this travel friendly as well as making it clean and convenient to use therefore you don't need to worry about it breaking in the luggage. It's a great eyeshadow base or you can just swipe it over the lids by itself.

Let me tell you a little secret... I'm actually already on holiday and it's nearing my last week but I didn't get a chance to post this before my flight so it's a little late but I hope you have a wonderful holiday season:) x

No comments