BOOK REVIEW | Say the Word by Julie Johnson


Say the Word by Julie Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Say hi to my newest addition onto my favourites shelve:)

If I had time, I would have read the entire book in one sitting- it was that good!
This book had been sitting in my library for quite some time, I always skimmed past it when deciding on my next read but this time I thought 'why not' and took the plunge. It was one of the best decisions I've made at 1:20 at night.

The opening was captivating. After only reading a few pages, I instantly felt connected to the characters and felt my own heart cracking when they were in pain. Every time something new arises, I was intrigued to find out what was going to happen to the point that I turn the page over before finishing the last word.


Even though this book is formed on the basis of second-chance romance, it deals with a more serious darker topic of sex trade. I would like to applaud the author for writing about it. It was refreshing to see the serious matter being addressed as it's still present in today's society. It makes me feel disgusted to see how greed and power can make the world such a dark place.

Honestly, one thing that I would fault is the cover. Yes, I know I'm being picky but the picture conveys a sort of fantasy atmosphere which doesn't fit the book at all. I know it's meant to represent the dress she wore but it doesn't really work. I mean, I can't ask for too much, so I'm cool with it.


After reading this book, I will definitely read another book by this author. It deserves the high ratings as it's an intense, well written novel.


View all my reviews

No comments