A Little Motivational Speech From A Movie

motivation, movie, movie night

Nowadays, I've been more acquainted with disappointment than ever before. So, more often than not, I need to get a little pep talk and some motivation to carry on.

Before sixth form, I've never really met the harsh and hostile reality of disappointment. Yeah, I've encountered it before but more in the terms of my favourite character dying on a tv show therefore when I got a couple of Us in my end of topic tests I just wasn't prepared for how shocking and affecting disappointment can be. At times like these I really need to motivate myself to strive for better however, it's a lot easier said than done. Disappointment has resulted to me becoming in a stupid stump leaving me dejected and wanting to avoid confrontation with the fact that I am not succeeding.

Whenever somebody needs a little kick up their backside to help them start pursuing again they may have a go-to quote, others may even keep a recording of Kid President's speeches on their phones and mine? A movie called Accepted.

Since I won't be able to write a description to do the movie justice, I'm going to let IMDB butcher the plot description for you :) 'A high school slacker (Bartleby Gaines) who's rejected by every school he applies to opts to create his own institution of higher learning, the South Harmon Institute of Technology, on a rundown piece of property near his hometown.'

Initially, when I first watched it I was shocked to find so many famous actors and actresses like Justin Hill, Jonah Hill and Blake Lively in their 'rookie' years. It was encouraging to see them in their younger years when they may not have been so well known. If they were to reflect upon themselves I can imagine them having a' started from the bottom now I'm here' moment.

Despite the shit description, I can promise you that it's better and funnier than IMDB has outlined it to be. This entertaining comedy will leave you in inevitable giggles from it's hilarious script as well as leaving you feeling inspired at it's more serious scenes. It's just an easy going movie which will instantly cheer you up!


 'Cause there are so few truths in this world, that when you see one, you just know it. You don't need teachers or classrooms or - or fancy highbrow traditions or money to really learn. You just need people with a desire to better themselves' -Bartleby Gaines

Finally, all I want to say is that although you may want to succeed in all your activities and be a perfectionist. Failure is something which can be devastating beautiful. As we get older, we all become more and more acquainted with disappointment and rejection whether in work, life or hobbies and if someone says they have never been disappointed, they are speaking utter bs. In the words of Kelly Clarkson 'What doesn't kill us makes us stronger' therefore I sincerely hope we all pursue our activities with a fighting spirit!

Have you got any movies which can instantly boost your mood up? Let me know so I can add them to my movie nights :)

2 comments

  1. I'm the sort of person who gets put down so easily! I'll be beating myself up on the inside if I don't improve my score in an exam and I'm way too competitive even though I don't show it. Reading this post was a good decision!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cinema Paradiso. It might not instantly boost my mood up. But I was deeply impressed by one of its lines (http://www.quotes.net/mquote/1182019). It motivated me to explore the world. After high school, I chose a university in a far province, then when I found out I could get better education in the US, I decided to transfer to an American university. I learnt that I should see the world and my life in the light of their developments. So, going out to explore things and find out what I really want.

    ReplyDelete