REVIEW: Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick


The party season is upon us and I want to dazzle people with this set of this eye shadow of shimmery golden hues. I am absolutely blown away by how beautiful the shades are and I feel every bit more festive with golden makeup. I basically feel like a million bucks.


Upon reflection, I've always bypassed the 17 stand in Boots when I'm browsing my makeup and I beginning to question why. As I've gotten older I've reached for the products which are on the higher end of the spectrum but I've come to realise that the 17 range offer makeup equally as good as the other brands and sometimes at a more affordable price.

After lusting for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, I thought I should scavenge for a more affordable product that offers practically the same product. It's almost an exact dupe, the only thing which differs from the Bobbi Brown is that it does not have a white/cream shimmer therefore almost you get the same product at a fraction of the price.

Is it a crime?

I feel like I'm secretly committing a crime when I use a product differently from it's original purpose making me feel like a makeup outlaw.Yes, I know that this is meant to be used as a highlighter and yes, I know I'm using it wrong but let's just disregard the actual purpose and just use it as some stunning eye shadow.

For those of you who like using highlighter then you get 2 products for the price of one which is great for those of you on a budget as well as travelling because you can pack less stuff into your overflowing hand luggage.

Due to it originally being a highlighter, all the different shades compliment each other splendidly therefore it's beautiful when you wear different shades on your eyes cause they blend beautifully together. If you want the shadows to be more pigmented and last longer then I suggest you layer on some primer before the application so that the colours are more vibrant and show up better however without, it still works but more subtle.

I mainly use the golden shade (2nd from the bottom)  as an all over wash and the darkest colour in this set to define my lash line and concentrate it at the edges to create depth and darken the edges. On the otherhand, if I wanted something lighter on my eye I use the lightest shade (top) as a wash to brighten my dull eyes.

Honestly, there's very little I can fault about the product and the brand as a whole. I would definitely check out more products by 17 with high hopes.

What are some products that you recommend from the 17 brand? 

No comments