REVIEW: Elisha Coy Always Nuddy BB 24


This BB dream was first featured in my Hong Kong Haul post where my auntie had bought me this in my quest to find the perfect base. I have postponed using this product until recently due to the fact that my skin was getting tanner which meant it didn't suit the tone and I feel like now, it's the most perfect time for this product. The change in season has taken a toll on my skin, it's become dry and flaky which makes achieving the flawless base has become that little bit more challenging.

Elishcoy is a Korean brand which uses 'plant-oriented ingredients for the skin that becomes sensitive & dry due to hazardous outside environment'. This sounded very promising, I liked the idea of trying makeup which is plant-oriented and I wanted to try a BB cream from Korea as they are the mecca for lightweight and dewy makeup.

When I first swatched this I immediately noticed that the shade of this BB cream was a lot cooler than the ones that I had already own. It has a whitish/grey cast when you first apply it onto the skin however it quickly oxidises and vanishes which then creates a beautiful finish on the skin. The shade that I was given was too light for me but when I went to research more about this product I found out that there was only 1 shade. I thought it would be a shame to leave it in the backburner in the winter months because the moisturising properties that it claims to have persuaded me to use it so I had to mix it in with my clinique acne foundation to create the perfect shade.

Application

The liquid glides onto the skin smoothly and once blended in, it's a dream. It definitely provides a glowing complexion but if you prefer a matte finish then lightly dust some powder onto the face. Another option is to mix it with a mattifying foundation so you get a higher coverage, a shade that suits your skin tone as well as a matte finish. It also has a SPF  which means it will be a great BB cream for the summer because it's lightweight and doesn't cake up as the days wears on.

When applying this product I like using my Real Techniques Foundation brush to apply it onto my skin, the pointed tip means I can get into the nooks and crannies of my face. After that, I like to use a buffing brush to truly blend into my skin, the more you buff it into the skin, the better it looks.

Another thing that I should mention is that it has skin lightening properties in this product. I don't know how effective it is because I haven't seen any significant difference in the tone of my skin.

Packaging 

The simple packaging makes my morning routine a lot quicker and less messy since I can control how much I want to disperse through the nozzle. It's also travel friendly because it's in a plastic tube therefore it will less likely break when travelling.

Overall, I am really enjoying using this product as my base because it's not too drying and has a nice dewy finish which is lovely for the colder months, The shade is on the cooler side which means that it's less likely to have an orange tinge on your face which let's you avoid the whole oompa loompa look.

No comments